2001-07-31 - 3:48 p.m.
cherishing silence, and making up rules
i'm bordering on perky today. freaky.
i slept like the dead last night. probably the first *real* night's sleep i've had in two weeks or more.
have you noticed a lack of SmogMonkey on the site recently? perhaps he's been on sabbatical? vacation? intensive care unit? mortuary?
nope, he's been alive and well, flinging his feces around the inside of my skull (does that make me a sh*thead? snicker) and smoking his smelly stogies.
today, he's pretty damned quiet.
i, for one, am doing my best to cherish the silence.
on a completely unrelated note, i'm gearing up for the fantasy football season. i set up my own league this year, and i get to be the commissioner. yahoo.
here are some special rules that i've instituted for my league.
- This league is designed in the spirit of democracy. Any configurable properties can be changed if a clearly defined majority wishes it.
- The Commissioner reserves the right to put down democratic movements with despotic brutality.
- The Commissioner reserves the right to invalidate any points scored by members of the Raiders.
- The Commissioner reserves the right to randomly assign 100 extra points to members of the Broncos.
- No Whining.
- The Commissioner reserves the right to whine.
- No Venture Capitalists allowed.
i think i might name my team the SmogMonkeys.