2001-08-27 - 10:33 a.m.
things i learned this weekend
things i learned this weekend:
1. three year olds don't always understand teasing. at mom's on saturday night our old family friends MC and KC were there, with their daughter WhyGirl. she was an endless source of entertainment for us all. the boundless energy of young children is a constant source of amazement for me. anyway, at one point TwinSis and TallBroInLaw were cutting cake for everyone, and WhyGirl was whirring around the kitchen in pre-cake ecstasy. she asked how big her piece was going to be, and TallBroInLaw said "i don't know if monkeys get cake." WhyGirl immediately burst into tears and ran to her dad. it was totally unintentional, and both TallBroInLaw and TwinSis felt really bad. fortunately, as soon as WhyGirl had her cake in hand, all was forgiven and forgotten. but it was a lesson for me in the degree of subtlety that of which three year olds are capable. i.e. not much.
2. it's much, much easier on a lazy saturday afternoon after you've slept in to say that you're going to cut back on caffeine than it is to hold to that decision on a monday morning when you've had very little sleep. but i'm holding on so far.
3. going for a run can make you feel good about yourself, and make you feel good for the next few hours. again, however, the next morning can be a different story.
4. if you have over 500 life, Baal is a push-over.
5. i'm addicted to computer games.
6. if eRoommate's date last night is any indication, sometimes all you *really* need to do is actually *ask the woman out* and the rest will take care of itself.
7. before you spend three hours debugging a piece of code, try hitting refresh on your browser. it just might be possible that the code is already working, but you're too stupid to realize it. (i hate when i'm a moron).
8. geek talk is *not* sexy.
9. the servers at the B&B are always more friendly on friday nights than they are on sunday mornings.
10. every list is better if it gets to ten.
11. but eleven is pushing it.
12. and by twelve you've really gone too far.
13. stop it already!
14. that's it, i'm outta here. you can finish the damn list yourself.
15. i really, really want a pepsi.